Navigation Menu: Settings > Billing > Detailed billing exports
TIP: For best results, use Google Chrome when working in the platform
This article provides detailed information on the features of creating an S3 bucket for detailed billing information for Resellers.
This feature requires an AWS account, creating an S3 bucket, and a custom policy attached to the ARN 'Read Only' associated with the AWS account used to capture the data. SES write a file to the AWS account S3 bucket. Storage costs in S3 do apply.
The instructions below are Reseller settings and address how to capture billing data at cost and at customer price. You will create two separate S3 buckets. You are not required to set both cost and resale.
Select Settings > Billing > Detailed Billing Exports
For Reseller cost, toggle on the "Export seller detailed report"
For Customer price, toggle on the "Export customer detailed AWS billing report"
The window expands displaying additional fields:
- Under "Select cloud providers" mark one or more cloud provider from the list
- Under Export destination mark 'AWS S3 (CSV)'
Note: Click the "Instructions" link to see the policy required on the ARM Role
- In the Cloud Account field, selelect the AWS Account where your S3 bucket resides.
- In the S3 bucket field, enter the name of the S3 bucket
- Go to the AWS console and add the bucket policy to the existing platform role
- In SES, click 'verify' to confirm the platform can see the S3 bucket in the designated AWS account.
Note: The bucket verifies once the additional policy has been applied. Instructions are lower in this article
***Leave the platform screen up. Open a second browser window.***
From AWS Management Console
1. Log into the AWS console, then go to the 'IAM Management Console'
2. Select Policies
3. Click [Create Policy]
4. Select 'Create Your Own Policy"
5. Enter the following policy script. Replace my_corporate_bucket with the name of the bucket you want the platform to write to.
6. To ensure that the added policy was input correctly, click the [Validate Policy] button
7. Click [Save]
8. From the AWS 'IAM Management Console' select Roles
9. Select the platform 'Read Only Role' (this is the role created during the linking setup process)
10. Attach Policy to the ARN role.
From the SES Platform
Return to the the AWS Detailed Bill section of the Options page and click the 'verify' button next to the S3 bucket name. The status should display as "verified."
Repeat these steps for each bucket setup
- Reseller Cost
- Customer Cost
The next time the platform processes your bill, it will copy the fully processed detailed bill to the bucket you specified. The bill has the same format and filename as the detailed bills from AWS and will work with third-party tools.