Navigation: Customer, Charges and Discount
Support plans are custom fees assigned by the Reseller to customers by cloud provider.
This article covers Customer profile configurations for:
- Global charge or discount - an uplift or discount fee calculated based on total monthly spend (all services)
- Support Plan by provider, by cloud account - pick your support plan and assign accounts
Master support plans are located in a table under [Setting] > Billing > Charges and Discounts.
Click this link more information: How to Create and Manage Support Plans
You can toggle from the customer profile to the master support plan list via the link [Manage Charges and Discount]. You can create and save new support plans once re-directed to the master "charges and discount" table.
In this article you can find information on:
- How to create custom support plans
- How to assign cloud accounts to a support plan or Support Group
- How to delete support plans and groups
Before you can create, assign, and manage support plans, you must enable the end customer portal feature under the Cloud Provider settings.
- From the [Customer] module, select a customer from the list and click [Edit].
- In the left column, expand the Cloud Billing folder then click Cloud Providers
- Select a cloud provider from the list (double-click a Cloud provider to open the next screen
- Toggle on 'Enable Provider in Customer Portal", click [Save]
Parts of the Screen for Charges and Discount Settings
To access the "Charges and Discount" settings, from the left column, select "Charges and Discounts"
In this section you can set a fee that applies across the total spend monthly. The fee is based on percentage of spend only. This setting applies a fee monthly when generating a billing statement/invoice. This fee will not display in any dashboard or billing reports. It appears on the billing statement only.
Charges and Discount
In this section of the screen you see a list of cloud providers. In this window you can select a cloud provider and assign charges and discounts by cloud provider and by individual cloud accounts. This overrides any default charges and discounts related to support plan fees.
This feature allows you to group cloud accounts under various support plans for a single customer. For example, for AWS a customer could have 2 accounts under Group 1 for a support plan that is a flat fee and Group 2 for a support plan that is tiered.
How to use the Charges and discount feature
The steps below walk you through the basic setup of creating a support plan group and adding accounts to the group.*
- Select the Customer
- Click Cloud Providers
- Double-click on the cloud provider pricebook
- Enable provider in Customer Portal
- Select the "charges and discount" menu option
- Select a Cloud Provider from the list then click [Assign]
- Select [Create Group]
- Name your Support Group
- Click [Add] and select a support plan from the list of available options
- Click [Save]
- Using the ">" marker, expand the view to see the list of accounts.
- Select the Cloud Accounts you want to add to the support group. The "Move" option becomes active.
- Click the drop-down box from the Move button and select the Support group to apply to the accounts
- Click [Save]. This returns you to the Charges and Discount screen.
If you have a customer that has multiple account under a single cloud provider, you can create one or more support plan "groups;" each with their own unique support plan. Once the groups are create, you then assign the cloud accounts under each support plan grouping. To create multiple support plan groups, repeat steps 8 through 13.
How to use the Charges and discount feature (Illustrated)
The instructions include illustrations of the various screens used to create support plan groups and assign accounts to the groups:
> Select the Customer
> Expand the Cloud Billing folder, located on the left side of this screen
> Click Cloud Providers
> Double-click on the specific cloud provider Pricebook in the list
> Enable provider in Customer Portal
> Select the "Charges and Discount" menu option
> Select a Cloud Provider from the list then click [Assign]
> Select [Create Group]
> Name your Support Group
> Click [Add] and select a support plan from the list of available options
> Click [Save]
> Select the Cloud Accounts you want to add to the support group. The "Move" option becomes active.
> Click the drop-down box from the Move button and select the Support group to apply to the accounts
> Click [Save]
Select a cloud provider, then click [Assign] the following screen displays.
Figure 1 - Features of the Charges and Discount Assignment Screen
In the top-right you see several group management features:
[Delete Group] - Use the drop-down to remove any previously created Support Plan groups
[Edit Group] - Use this feature to make changes to an existing group configuration. Use the Edit feature to apply multiple support plans to a group of accounts (also referred to as "stacking")
[Create Group] - Use the drop-down to remove any previously created Support Plan groups
You can assign a support group to one or more cloud accounts. Expand your view of the unassigned accounts. Select one or more cloud accounts from the list.
Select "all" by using the top selection box. Click [Save].
The next step is to associate the accounts to the support group. To do this, select one (by clicking the box next to the account) or all the accounts (by marking the top box).
The "Move To" drop-down is now active. With the cloud account(s) selected, pick the charges and discount group you want to assign to the accounts.
The table updates with your assignments. Click [Save].
*Here is a sample of multiple support plans applied to cloud accounts under a single cloud provider.*
The platform may show a "Default group 1" assignment to your cloud provider(s).
To confirm the support plan defined under "Default group 1", select the cloud provider, click [Assign], then click [Edit Group], select the group name.
The support plan name displays in the charges and discount table of the "Edit group" window.