The Billing and Reports modules support all cloud provider programs in SES. You will use SES to generate Billing Statements or download the billing CSV files (by cloud provider) to import in your accounting system. Tech Data recommends waiting five business days after a calendar month ends to generate customer Billing Statements/Invoices, except for AWS and Azure cloud services. SES Cloud Support Ops team sends a Notification of AWS and Azure Billing Closing period, to the platform administrators when the AWS and Azure billing data has been finalized. The notifications are sent between the 5th and the 15th of the following month. If you did not receive the distribution email notification, please contact SES Cloud Support team, or open a Support Ticket to be added to the email distribution list.
The Billing Reports in SES will display all billable cloud services for your customer's cloud accounts. As a reseller, your Tech Data Credit Rep will send you one invoice per cloud program for each month, with all accounts and services consolidated. The consolidated Tech Data invoice does not separate accounts by customers. You will need to use the SES platform to generate Billing Reports and Billing Statements to break down the billing information by customer and account numbers. The Reports is where the detailed information is found.
To set your Invoice Options, go to Settings > expand the folder for Billing that is located on the left side of this screen > select Invoice Options. Make the changes and Save.
Invoice Options Settings:
- Term Type
- Azure Billing Day (default should be the 31st)
- Next Invoice Number
- Term Value
- AWS RI Purchase (default should be "Invoice for RI Purchase at the end-of-month")
- Invoice Notes (Example: "This Billing Statement is for Informational Purposes only. Your actual invoice will be emailed to you")
Toggle On/Off Buttons - Invoice Options
- Include credits for tax calculations
- Include Custom Fields in invoice header
- Group invoice lines by cloud account
- Show payment method on invoices
- Add rounding adjustments to invoices
It is important to generate billing statements in the platform every month for each cloud provider. The purpose of the billing statements includes:
- Creates static detailed accounting of the usage and billing data for a calendar period
- Provides the ability to extract detailed billing information
- Enables end customer access to detailed billing information from the end customer portal
Please read the Knowledge Base article titled: How to Generate Customer Billing Statements (SES Invoices)
General API Info
The platform reads consumption and billing information directly from the cloud provider through scheduled API calls. To setup billing using the API, generate the API keys. API keys are located under Settings under the Account Data section of the Admin screen. You can configure and test the API integration via the link below for the SES API Swagger UI.
For more information regarding API's, please read the Knowledge Base article: